Tuesday, November 16, 2010

If I Knew The Way...I Would Take You Home...


Today was just one of those days. You know, the why-did-I-get-out-of-bed-and-think-I-ever-wanted-a-mortgage-and-responsibilities-rather-than-be-a-hermit kinda days.

It's a hand-me down, the thoughts are broken...

The hard part about a day like this is when others depend upon you. My family is depending upon me to prepare dinner, laundry needs to be done, the task list was barely dented, and tomorrow I'll get up and do it all over again.

Perhaps they're better left unsung...

Luckily, I don't experience many days like this...when you feel as if you aren't making a difference whatsoever. And we all go through it, but this knowledge doesn't make it easier when it's your turn on the wheel.

I don't know, don't really care...

I also know when I am experiencing days like this, it is best to stop and try to count one's blessings. If we can come up with one little thing to be grateful for, things will begin to turn around. But when I am in a funk like this, I don't even wanna bother with finding one.

Let there be songs to fill the air.

So I came home tonight and put on the Dead. I know, I know, not really the Lady Ga-Ga Rah-Rah-Ah-Ah-Ah beat to brighten the mood, but it just felt right. And as I write this, I find myself singing along. How can you not? 

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty...

And as I sing along, the blessings are actually flooding my mind...I don't even need to search for them. I am so grateful for the amazing people I surround myself with that help me tolerate days like this and let me just get through them (Pssst... J, J & B ...that would be you.) This is not a reference to scotch; I can't stand the stuff.

If your cup is full may it be again...

This is not even a reference to wine, because believe it or not, I find I AM OUT OF WINE tonight. Not a great way to end a day such as this, but it is what it is. Yet suddenly, I am taking joy in the kitchen and leaving the doldrums behind.

Let it be known there is a fountain, that was not made by the hands of men. 
 
Right about now, I am thankful tomorrow is another day. And I am thankful for my work. And I am thankful for my family. God gives me these days to empty me out so He can fill me again. So now that I've found the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!