Saturday, October 9, 2010

Where Did We Come Up With This Stuff...

I love to people watch. It is amazing to see the way some folks interact with others, what some people find funny, what some people find touching, what some people find offensive. This got me thinking about how we possibly got to the point we are. For instance...

Who was the first person who thought, "Ya' know what? I think it would be really funny to grab his underpants by the waistband and pull them so far up his crack that his eyes water and pain sears right up to his ears. THAT would be really funny." And so he did...

Who was the person who built upon this concept by saying, "Sure, that's funny. But I think it would be REALLY funny to yank someone's underpants so far up their crack that the waistband comes right off. Wouldn't that be really funny?" And so he did...

Who was the person that decided flatulence and all references thereto would become comic relief for men of all ages? Or any noise emulated from body functions normally reserved for the privacy of the lavatory? No offense, but I'm pretty sure it was a guy. It amazes me what cracks them up...

Who decided, "Ya' know...the fact that Bert thought he only had to break wind but in doing so he pooped right down to his knee" was funny? However, it is not so funny when you are the one it is happening to, is it? (I have no personal knowledge of this; I am just speculating.)

I don't see animals in the yard yanking each others tails up to their ears and laughing hysterically about it. I don't see animals holding their noses and yelling, "Eeeewww....Jasper, did you just cut the cheese?" to one another. This is where one has to wonder if the animal kingdom is in someways just a bit more advanced than us in some arenas.

Who was it who originally thought, "Just saying your A-B-C's is fine, but belching them is just taking it to a whole different level entirely." Was it the same person who decided pumping your arm with a hand strategically placed in your arm pit could provide a symphony? I would really like to know...

Without this genius and all of these inventions, we would have nothing for my children to bring up at the dinner table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!