Friday, October 22, 2010

Monster...



The monster
lay sleeping
over forty
years waking
every now
and again
just to
speak.

Words would
come and
once having
been heard
the Monster
would go
back to
sleep.

But now
the Monsters
awake and
seems to
have no
plans of
returning to
slumber.

The air
is heavy
and I
can't breathe
knowing he
wants to 
take me
over.

No rest
or relief
from the
Monster who
stalks through 
night and
into the
day.

Not letting
me sleep 
nor even 
to eat 
I am
destined to
just fade
away.

No place 
to run 
and no
place to
hide one
starts to
lose one's
faculties.

I wish
you could
help but
you really
can't help
for you
see the
Monster is
me.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! The flood gates have opened and I am willingly drowning in your words.
    X David

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!