Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Don't Farmville, Either...

Okay, to all of my Facebook friends looking for your lost cows and boards and hammers and nails...I haven't had a chance to fold laundry in a week. I can't be worrying about virtual crops...

When I first discovered Facebook, I literally lost entire blocks of my life into some time abyss. I would sit down at 7:00 and in a blink it was midnight. But it is so great seeing everyone and catching up with people that have had an impact in my life in some fashion. Facebook is so addicting it should seriously be called Crackbook.

But now I am getting posts that questions have been answered about me and don't I want to see what others are saying about me? Um...nope. But I would be lying if I didn't admit to sneaking a peak, so here's what I learned.

First of all, I was asked if I wanted to earn coins to learn the culprits of said opinions. Again...nope. I've got mail I haven't opened in three weeks, I can't be worrying about this. Though I'm curious about whoever thought the average bear is smarter than me, I figured when a bear can navigate himself through "The Canterbury Tales" in Middle English like I did last semester I'll start to worry. Until that time, I can't be worrying about Mensa Bears I've never met.

Another question posed revealed someone does not believe I am a klutz. I hate shatter the illusion because that was very sweet of you to say, but I am a spaz of gargantuan proportions. I am forever walking into the door frame or smacking my knee into the corner of the desk. Even though I've lived in my home for 16 years, I never fail to smack my hip on the corner of the kitchen cabinet. I am positive it waits for me and attacks when it thinks I'm not looking.

To the person who was kind enough to answer "No" to the inquiry of me being tone deaf and not knowing it, thank you. Turns out I absolutely know I'm tone deaf, I just don't care. I don't hafta listen to me, too bad for the rest of you :o)

Some think I have a bad haircut, some think I don't have a bad haircut. Someone believes I have played beer pong. To that I say if I have I didn't know it so I hope it was fun (I'm more of a wine or cosmo girl.)

To the person who thinks I let the "yellow mellow"...um...yuck. I actually had to google that one and let's just say I like a fresh bowl. (To those like me who were stumped on this one, it is my understanding this is for those folks who don't believe in flushing for just number one.) Again...eeeeeew...there is PLENTY of flushing going on at our house. The only mellow yellow goin' on in my life is Donovan on my iPod (seriously, that is a really great song; so is Sunshine Superman, Hurdy Gurdy Man, and Atlantis.)

Overall, this was interesting because I was happy to see that the people in my life are really great and had nice things to say about me. To this, I thank you. Everyone on my Facebook has been a part of my life and helped me be the person I am today. Smarter than the average bear or not.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot BELIEVE you are a klutz OR tone deaf, wonderful Beth! Linda

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!