Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ophelia’s Reply, circa 2010


Get me to a nunnery?
You have completely lost your mind.
Believe it or not you weren’t so great,
I've no need to be confined.

You want to pretend this affair
Failed because of me?
If lies are how you sleep at night
Then by all means, please proceed.

I find this all amusing as I
Recall you upon my breast;
Your precious words caressed my ears
While your hands explored the rest.

You ask if I am honest?
You ask if I am fair?
You're the one made me believe
Our love had no compare.

If chastising me makes you a man,
Young prince, you've lost the game.
Your taunts and rants have no effect
For I've done nothing to be ashamed.

Keep chasing ghosts back from your past
It has no strain on me.
I’m already quite over you…
Forget the nunnery.

1 comment:

  1. Our best work is born of pain. I hope this is not true in your case.
    I am also getting a hint of Dorothy Parker in this one.
    X David

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!