Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No "Mad Men" Makes For A Very Mad Woman...


I don't ask for much...good friends, a good glass of wine, a great pair of heels, a good television show (which,  incidentally, is few and far between.) I have all of this and more...or at least I thought I did.

I was absolutely disgusted when I read in today's New York Times that Season 5 of 'Mad Men' Is Delayed Until 2012. Seriously? I mean...seriously? I have been WAITING for a year! And I am not happy.

The other night I was dining with a couple of really great guys when the conversation turned to the NFL negotiations and how the fans have had enough. They are fed up and disgusted with all the back and forth between the owners and the players and how it's all about money and blah, blah, blah. Being the sports neophyte I am, I glazed over into a comatose state pretty early into the conversation. However, now I have guilt for not being more sympathetic.

If we were to take the same conversation and substitute "AMC" every time the word "owners" was used and Matt Weiner (creator) every time the word "players" was used, my "Mad Men" feelings would have been accurately represented. What gives? I am incensed and fed up with money ruining absolutely everything. Especially since I don't have any to speak of.

But more importantly, this needs to be understood. Matt Weiner and AMC executives, when you read this (and you will read this) please know you are putting too much trust in me believing I will wait for you. Folks with attention deficit busy lives are not going to sit by idly while you throw million dollar offers around. I'm not that deep and Don Draper is not that irresistible. Okay, maybe he is, but Betty is a snot, I don't care for Joan, and Sex and The City is in syndicate. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and quite frankly, I am no longer feeling the love.

5 comments:

  1. How disappointing! A whole entire year? That's just ridiculous. Feeling your pain :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 'mad' too. But then I remembered there's the wonder of "Downton Abbey" from Masterpiece Theatre. It's like an "Mad Men" circa 1910's without the ad agency. Season one is on Netflix and season two is filming now. No pesky negotiations to get in the way (unless public broadcasting loses all federal funding...ugh).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was right there with you until you said that you don't care for Joan?!? I love Don, but Joan and Peggy are the best reasons to watch the show.
    And I will really miss watching this show...

    ReplyDelete
  4. fojoy - I used to be a Joan fan...but she reminds me too much of a thorn in my proverbial side. Peggy is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just watched Ben Affleck's movie with Jon Haam...the man is so lovely! can't wait for the show to come back...

    Beth...you were my winner for the coffee! I need your address for shipping!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!