Wednesday, March 16, 2011

But I Don't Wanna Be A Pirate...


After listening to the radio on the way home from work and hearing about all the horrors occurring in Japan, the sheer madness of Charlie Sheen, more corruption in NYS politics, and the status of employment rates, I decided it was time. Time to break out the "Seinfelds". Sometimes you just hafta to take charge and be master of your domain.

Now I have heard it said folks either love Seinfeld or despise it. How can you not love Seinfeld? I am such a geek I quote from this genius on a near daily basis. From the puffy shirt to the soup nazi, Seinfeld was, is, and remains the best sit-com of all time in my world. Here are some of my favorite clips for you to enjoy:


"It's Not You, It's Me"  is a classic for so many situations in every day life and I must admit is one of the most used Seinfeld quotes in my world, along with...


...not that there's anything wrong with that. This clip reminded my also of the episode when they all went to a friend's beach house and poor George suffered from...well...shrinkage. "It really does that?" Too, too funny...


My poor sister had to endure me singing this to her every time I called and her machine picked up. Now she just takes my calls...she probably figures whatever I'm calling about has to be less painful than listening to me sing. And not to be outdone by the singing...


...confident in the fact I have fierce dance moves, I can securely just say, "Ha!" to my husband when he calls me Beth Benes because I know better.


I love this one and I am pretty sure it can justify my reason for not sending Christmas cards the past six years. Pure and simple, Elaine rocks. From "Maybe a dingo ate your baby..." right up to "Can you spare a square," no one compares to Elaine.

Thank you to YouTube.com for letting me laugh out loud and share some favorites with you. These are just a few of my favorites...from the "Newman" sneer to Vandelay Industries (which, incidentally, would not let me download but is one of the greats) I strongly urge you to go check a few out. Better yet, go to Netflix and yada, yada, yada...have a laugh marathon.

But before we go, I would be remiss if I did not share my absolute favorite Seinfeld moment when Kramer takes himself out in "The Contest." Enjoy and may you all be master of your domain.

5 comments:

  1. so glad you shared these! I too am a total Seinfeld geek, it never gets old. I can watch the same episodes over and over and they are still fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong that I am proud to admit that I have mastered the Elaine dance. Right down to the thumb & kick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol This was great ~ I still watch Seinfeld almost every day. You're sooooooo good looking! The best is when you, Jeff and I get together and throw our Seinfeld-isms out there and Mom and Dad have no idea what we're talking about, but Dad will chuckle along like he does! <3 Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Seinfeld! Thanks for giving me a laugh today, sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen Seinfeld for years!
    It used to be a regular on late night tv here in the UK and I always enjoyed watching it, it was certainly a cut above our home grown comadies.
    I might have to have a look at Youtube or maybe invest in some Seinfeld DVD's :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!