Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You...


I was totally elated to receive this Stylish Blogger Award from a most stylish woman herself, Adrienne, from The Rich Life (On A Budget.) As I have said, to be recognized as special from amongst one's peers is a tremendous honor and I am grateful for the wonderful company I keep.

In accepting this award, I have been asked to share seven things about myself that may be unknown to the majority. This may be a bit difficult as I am pretty much an open book, but let's see what I can come up with/embellish upon...

First, here is a shout-out to my awesome cousin, Alan. Thanks to Awesome Alan, my degree of separation to Elton John, Bon Jovi, Bob Dylan, Frank Sinatra (rest his soul), and Kenny Loggins has dropped significantly to one degree. He is the monitor engineer to Elton and was previously to the remaining aforementioned. As cool as this sounds, it is not even the greatest thing about Awesome Alan. The really great thing is he is hands-down a wonderful father and husband, I could talk politics and world-views with him for hours, and even though I only get to see him once every eon or so, I always look forward to the next visit. So Alan, when you read this (and you will read this) come back to Upstate New York soon - we have world problems to solve.

Second, many know I am pursuing my degree in English with a minor in Creative Writing. No big surprise there. What does surprise some is that when I began this journey of higher education, my goal was to earn a Masters in Forensic Accounting. Yup, I wanted to be an auditor when I grew up. Then I realized...I enjoy auditing; I love writing and the English language. Life is too short not to do what you love, so here we are.

Next, when I am not leaping tall buildings in a single bound, I am an Administrative Assistant to two wonderful, amazing people who totally rock my world (I swear this is not a suck-up for my annual review...really.) They are great and I have learned a great deal from both of them. I love my job and these two people are a big reason why.

Fourth, the day I hit the lottery, it goes without saying I shall be on the first flight to France sitting in the big comfy seats at the front of the plane with a warm towel over my eyes. However, after purchasing my second home in France I am flying back to America to create a foundation allowing every adult wishing to pursue higher education to do so at no cost. What better way to use these funds than to give someone a new lease on life. Without education and manners, one cannot succeed in this world.

Moving on, I must say the previous revelation does not coincide with my high school yearbook ambition to win the lottery and buy Mel Gibson with my winnings. But in 1987 who knew that Mad Max would turn out to be such a masochistic jerk?

This is a bit of a confession, but I have to share that I was secretly pleased when I learned the guy who broke my heart in a million pieces and left me for dead is now bald and a bit overweight. That's called Karma and Karma is A-OK in my book.

Lastly, and this is no secret, my cup runneth over. Thank you to my blogging friends (especially David who has returned from a hiatus - don't ever do that again!), all of you who take the time to read these schizophrenic ramblings, my family who puts up with me because they can't have the locks changed, and all of the blessing in my life. I love being in my world...

4 comments:

  1. Beth,

    You are very welcome! As usual, you created an interesting and very well-written post.

    I think it's fantastic that you are pursuing your degree in English/Creative Writing. I have a degree in English with a writing emphasis....that sounds pretty close to yours. Blogging is a wonderful tool for improving one's writing skills.

    I love how you appreciate your life so. I always leave your blog with a smile on my face.

    Thank you for playing along!

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Beth. I love the glimpses into your life/mind. Writing is definitely the right path for you--you are one prolific chick. : ) Maybe I should call you "pro-chic-fic". (I know, that came out pretty lame--it was funny in my brain).

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your award..lovely blog....new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your foundation idea! Fingers crossed you win the lottery (or I do!)!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!