Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Every Breath You Take...


Another day of joy and simple pleasures! When I returned home this evening I found both the new Harper's Bazaar AND Vanity Fair had arrived in today's mail! Indeed, life is good...

Of course, I grabbed a glass of wine, settled myself in the big armchair with an afghan, and let myself savor the beauty. While I do enjoy looking at the fashion, I actually enjoy the literary articles and interviews. I know, I know...how cliche..."I read it for the articles." But I really do! And one of the Harpers interviews this month was with Sting and Trudie Styler. Where to begin?

First of all, you must know the wonderful gift I was given by a dear friend last summer. In celebration of her birthday, her husband gifted her two tickets (one for her and one for a friend) to see Sting with the London Symphony Orchestra. As if I my cup doesn't already runneth over, she blessed me as her accompanying friend! The evening was magical - Sting with the orchestra was absolutely amazing. And to see him live will take your breath away. Well, at least it did mine.

So in the interview he is there with his wife, the magical Trudie Styler. Now, I've been married eighteen years (together over 21) and I can assure you, as much as I love my husband and I know he loves me, we can't hold a candle to these two. This tantric thing they've got going on is mind-boggling. They are both yoga gurus and are so in sync with one another it blows my mind. I'm not even going to get into how fit they are...I may cry. Let's just say I am getting back on the ever-critical Wii Fit.

After all the lovey-dovey "We can't keep our hands off each other 'cuz we're so hot" sections, I learned how every summer Sting and Trudie host a retreat for writers, scientists, and thinkers at their retreat in Tuscany. Everyone "gathers to make presentations and throw around ideas." Sounds like my cup of tea. So Sting and Trudie, when you read this (and you will read this) I can be ready at a moments notice, can sing nearly all of Sting's songs with and without The Police, and like wine. Let me know when I should pack my bags.

1 comment:

  1. Vanity Fair is wonderful. It's a must read cover to cover mag.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!