Monday, January 10, 2011

Reclaiming My Joy...


It doesn't happen very often; in fact, hardly ever. But it happened today. I let someone steal my joy.

Who does that to another person? I am sure they aren't happy in the possession of my joy, as my joy is only truly comfortable in my own skin. And it's my own fault...no one can actually steal my joy unless I let my guard down and let them. And shame on me, I did.

Anyone around me can tell you, I tend to spend my days singing in my off-tune sort of way and happy in my world. Generally I believe I am more self-deprecating than harmful to others. Don't get me wrong, this is a comical self-deprecation (between my lack of coordination and singing ability) as I would rather share my joy with someone else than hoard it all to myself. But today I was not biens dans ma peau (comfortable in my own skin) and I actually let someone get under ma peau. Sadly, it was more my loss...and half the day had passed until God shook me by the shoulders to make this apparent.

Don't let anyone steal your joy. I honestly believe, or want to believe, that joy-stealers don't even realize they are doing it. At least, I hope this to be the case. But now as the day draws to a close, I shall enjoy this glass of wine, take a long hot shower, sing a little off-key to myself, and smile my way to sleep.

Tomorrow is another day and my joy has already picked out what it wants to wear to conquer the world.

1 comment:

  1. Nice!
    I don't think joy stealers know they do it either, they're so miserable it seeps out of their pores.
    Cheers to feeling the joy!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!