Thursday, December 30, 2010

More Simple Pleasures...


Today was one of those days when I floated about in ethereal bliss. These days do not come along often, so when I find myself blessed with one I enjoy it to the hilt. Although I must apologize to my dear friend, Kim, because I was so peacefully ethereal I was totally out of it when I saw her at the market...so to Kim, you are absolutely wonderful and it is always a pleasure to see you. And therein is a perfect example of my many simple pleasures...the unexpected meeting of someone I really like.

Now I realize that simple pleasures are never about material things, but as I was in the midst of this blissful peace I decided to spend some time, by myself,  trolling about Macy's as I had a glorious gift card burning a hole in my purse. Audrey had Tiffany's; I have Macy's. Imagine my utter delight when I stumbled onto the display of cashmere sweaters in the petite's department (read: clothes for the short and underdeveloped) on sale from $99 to $35. AND...and...I had a 20% off coupon! (Side note to Adrienne and steppingmywaytobliss - this TOTALLY kept with the New Year's budget resolution!)

I must admit, even in the face of this lovely jackpot I was still strolling about in peaceful comfort with a dreamy smile not having anything to do with the cashmere. Not walking quickly, as is my usual modus operandi, but actually slowly meandering in a cloud of french-inspired-enjoy-every-moment-and-suck-the-marrow-out-of-life enjoyment. Just me and my thoughts.

If this was not enough to make one swoon, I had a very lovely surprise. As I was enjoying this time mindlessly wandering, smiling my dreamy smile, a gentleman waiting for his wife told me I was a very attractive woman who seemed to be enjoying myself. He was happy for me because he wished he was anywhere but there. Please note: when I related this to my husband he was sure the guy was a wacko and I need to be careful not to be abducted by serial killers in the dressing room. But he wasn't there...it was very sweet and very appreciated because during this blissful day, I felt absolutely beautiful.

When I returned home, I crawled into my fleece sheets and thoroughly enjoyed a nap. I still have not unpacked the Macy's bag (believe me, I will get to it very, very soon!) and my lovely husband told me to keep relaxing, we'll have pizza for dinner. This brings me full circle to seeing Kim at the market during my peaceful, blissful state as the day quickly drew to a close and I went to pick up the pizza.

Soon enough, it will be time to return to work, the next semester will begin, the children will return to school and all the schedules that come with it. But for now, for today, I will enjoy this feeling of immense peace...and wish the same for you.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like indeed a blissful day--I am happy that you had it. I am very proud of your cashmere purchase. What color did you get? V-neck, crewneck? And while it's great you stayed in the New Year's budget, you technically have one more day that you don't necessarily "have" to. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day...too bad they can't all be that way!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!