Thursday, December 9, 2010

Help Or Get Out Of The Way...


Okay, here's the deal...in any given situation we can choose to be either part of the problem or part of the solution.

Being the passionate-let's-embrace-life-and-get-to-the-heart-of-it person I am, I tend to want to be a part of the solution. To my detriment I can certainly analyze anything to death, but I will do whatever it takes to get the job done. Very rarely would I ever ask someone to do something I wouldn't so myself.

However, every now and again I find myself confronted by one who has neither a) the passion to get the job done or b) the humility to get out of the way to let others get the job done. This is very frustrating. What causes folks to do this? If someone doesn't want to help, I don't believe they should have the right to criticize or stand in the way of progress.

Good, bad, or indifferent, I have a hard time asking others for help. I may not be an expert in the field, but I will stop at nothing to educate myself to the best way to handle any given situation. And, if I find it is indeed beyond what I can handle, I then have no problem going to someone who can.

This makes life much less frustrating. As long as the naysayers stay out of my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!