Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life...


I don't know about you, but I am a tremendous fan of Monty Python. I don't care who you are...arms for the poor and bring out your dead (I'm not dead yet)...that is funny stuff. And now for something completely different...

Today I had the blessing of being taken to lunch by a co-worker whom I like very much. And if this wasn't wonderful enough, she thanked me for being a positive person. How great is that? I know it made me happy, because if I do nothing else during the day, I would like to think I may have been a bright spot for someone else. Life is too short to be miserable.

This is not to say it doesn't get to me now and again. In fact, recently someone made a comment about me taking it all too seriously and needing to not care so much. Oh, okay... uh...what? Obviously they have not been paying attention. Anything worth my time is worth the effort of caring about it. And again I say, if you're not part of the solution, well then, get out of the way.

Regrettably, there are times when I get so wrapped up in something I have to stop and re-center myself. Have you ever done that? Behaved in such a manner you don't even recognize yourself anymore? I have...I realize I have gotten so far off-balance from my spiritual self I am going to crash. So I stop the merry-go-round and take a break. This instantly restores the positive energy and I can go back to being my old self-deprecating-singing-off-key-klutzy-happy-energetic self. It's all good.

So to remind you to always look on the bright side of life, click here and sing along with me. Whether you encounter sharp-toothed rabbits, dark knights, bill collectors, or grumpy people in general, remember this: life is beautiful, life is a blessing, you only go around once...embrace it all and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!