Friday, April 8, 2011

Face, Heart, Words, And Actions...


Last evening's post relayed my shame in believing I occasionally behave like a spoiled brat.While I don't always share my world with my children, my youngest daughter did see this post and my confession to you, dear reader. She became upset with my self-admonishment as she does not see this side of me at all. Ah, God bless the children.

Luckily, I am surrounded by wonderful folks who remind me we are granted forgiveness and a new day to start again. And so I did. This morning I awoke and before my feet hit the floor I gave thanks for a new day and set the goal for myself to not only keep my joy, but to let it shine for others to bask in. The day was productive and aside from a naughty little pug running away (another story for another time; suffice it to say...he came back) it has been a great day.

Every morning from the time my children have been babies, I bless them with a touch to the forehead, a kiss, and pray for them:

 May the Lord shine His light upon your face, may you feel His love in your heart, and may you share His love with your words and actions.

One day when my oldest daughter was about eight years old the bus was coming and we were doing the hurry-up-get-to-the-end-of-the-street-dash. I was running alongside her giving her a blessing and she said, "I know Mom...face, heart, words, and actions." She climbed onto the bus and smiling out the window gave me a wave.

To this day, all three of my children still receive this daily blessing. However,  face, heart, words, and actions became our short-version said anytime one of my children go anywhere. So today, I got in my car and driving down the road, I made it my mantra: face, heart, words, and actions...face, heart, words, and actions. 


Adieu to the spoiled brat...welcome back to the child of God. I am not perfect; none of us are. But I believe it is in the trying that we begin to succeed to do His work here on earth. So to all of you I send this love:

May the Lord shine His light upon your face, may you feel His love in your heart, and may you share His love with your words and actions.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blessing.
    One that I will try my best to remember when forced to listen to disgusting conversations on pueblos transit.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth: I need your address for the coffee giveaway as you were my winner!! you can email me thru my blog or profile...congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!