Monday, June 27, 2011

Scrub-A-Dub-Dub, Pugs In The Tub...


Perhaps I was feeling a bit too ambitious. After a day with hardly any of the to-do list getting to-done, I thought I would take on a task that could be a bit enjoyable and show productive results. This was about the point I should have had my head examined and just went for a walk. Ugh...

For several reasons, it is amazing to me I was able to find this photo on-line. First of all, it is the spitting image of my two morons pugs. In the words of Bert in "Mary Poppins," this is what you call a fortuitous situation because by the time I got them into the tub there was NO WAY I was stepping away to get my camera. This would result in an inevitable escape and who wants to deal with that? NO SIR, not me.

Second of all, this photo perfectly reflects the personalities of said morons pugs. The one on the left looks like Buddy, or as we occasionally refer to him, the sickly anemic kid on "The Simpsons." He is high-maintenance, a mama's boy, is scared of his own shadow, and has breath that could stop traffic. The one on the right is J.J. He is high-energy, a happy little guy, and when you turn your back is usually up to mischief with a "What? Me Worry?" look on his face.

Third of all, it is concerning there could be another two morons pugs like these two somewhere in the world. This can't be good.

I am positive these two hoodlums work in cahoots to make my life crazy. I am positive they go to bed at night and plot how to get even with me.

J.J.: Did you see the new plants she put in the garden today?

Buddy: Yup... and tomorrow morning at 5AM we will bark until she gets out of bed and lets us out. Then...we pee on them.

J.J.: Yes sir, that's a great plan alright.

And that's not all...

Buddy: Did you see how she yelled at us to be quiet when that squirrel was in the yard?!

J.J.: Yup...so tonight when she settles in to watch that ridiculous "Real Housewives of Wackoville" we will keep gassing her until she leaves gagging. Then she'll blame it on the nice guy who feeds us steak.

Buddy: Yes sir, that's a great plan.

I have no idea what I was thinking when I stupidly exclaimed, "Hey! Let's adopt two little pugs because they are so much work two have GOT to be better than one!"

Right now, I am on my way to de-furr myself because these two shed so much during their baths I now look like Sasquatch. AND...and...I get to bleach the tub because they thought it would be fun to play in the mulch and you don't even want to know the carnage I have been left with.

So some day in the future when I am sans dogs, if you EVER hear me say I want to adopt another dog...

...have me committed.

3 comments:

  1. lol, your morons are adorable I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know you have two little doggies?

    Funny imaginary conversation between your morons, by the way...I'm pretty sure that Daisy and Coco strategize how to wake me up at 5 a.m. everyday so they can eat breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think somehow your pugs are related to Fifty (and that being said, I'll post Fifty over to you so he can spend time with his cousins)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!