Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Now That's What I'm Talkin' About...


I am happy, I am thrilled, I am over the moon. I have just learned hot-off-the-press that the Lincoln Center is going to honor the one-and-only-larger-than-life-fantastic Catherine Deneuve. Magnifique et incroyable!

How refreshing to see a true legend respected and publicly lauded for her life's work. Not only is she beautiful, but her scope of work is amazing (and no, this is not an overstatement.) Her work has been important, controversial, and thought-provoking. Considering all the mindless garbage-in-garbage-out thrust upon us as entertainment, I recall the impact her performance in Indochine had on me. The first time I viewed this film, I was so moved I sat back down and watched it again.


I simply had to share this photo, bien sur ~ the beautiful Catherine representing my signature scent. Not only did Ms. Deneuve have the privilege and honor of representing Chanel, she also represented all of France when she beat out Brigitte Bardot to become the face of Marianne, the national emblem of France. But don't be fooled by her beauty...she is quite the intelligent, multi-lingual, politically active, philanthropic, entrepreneur. A woman after my own heart...


Don't quote me on this, but I am pretty sure when the thought of je ne sais quo was coined it was for the women epitomized by the greats such as Ms. Deneuve and Jeanne Moreau, shown here along with Simone Signoret. This is such a great photo as it depicts beautiful women enjoying one another's company, each completely at ease in her own skin. See? Je ne sais quo... 


As a woman who has embraced the grey hair and congratulated myself on my first well-earned wrinkle, I look up to women who possess and exude sexuality past forty, fifty, sixty, and so on. In this world of Kim Kardashians and cookie-cutter actresses, it truly gives me hope. Style, elegance, grace, and yes, sensuality are alive and well to every one of us women, thank you very much. As I sip my wine this evening, I am pondering which great film to drift into the evening with. The decision is a hard one...she has so many good ones. And while I am a French girl at heart, I am not yet a fluent one. Many is the time I have stopped reading the subtitles and simply allowed her talent to relay the story on its own.


So Ms. Deneuve, when you read this (and you will read this) please know you have made an impact on me. I am so happy for this honor bestowed upon this great lady and if anyone can score me a seat at the Lincoln Center, I will be eternally grateful. It doesn't hafta be front row, anywhere is fine. You'll know I am there...I'll be the one cheering the loudest ~ avec l'amour et de bonheur dans mon couer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!