Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Beauty Of A Rose...


Ever since my daughters were in first grade, I would present them with roses after every school concert and play. Tonight was no exception.

Both of our lovely daughters play multiple instruments and our oldest daughter sings in the school chorus. She has the voice of an angel, which I wish I could say she got from me but that would be a bold-faced lie and while I may be many things, a liar isn't one of them. So there it is.

There is something so beautiful about the rose. It conveys a message of love, tenderness, intricate perfection, God's grace. The fragrance is heavenly, intoxicating the senses with the reminder of what an amazing gift nature is to us. Inspired by my Grandfather, roses have always been my favorite flower. Whether single or in a bunch, roses are divine.

However, this evening I received the greater gift. My daughters shared with me how every time they see or smell a rose, they immediately think of me. Because of my rose gardens, because I always choose special ones for them, because roses were the first flowers they both remember receiving and I was the one who presented them.

Shakespeare said, "A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet." However, considering all the different things I could be remembered by to my girls, I am honored it is the rose.

5 comments:

  1. Speaking as someone who lost their Mother, you are giving your children a gift so much bigger than simple flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tradition that your children will appreciate - even when they are much older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a good momma. Roses are spectacular--one of my favorites as well. xxBliss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely tradition and so sweet what your daughters said :)

    Hope you're having a lovely week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely association for you and your daughters to share.
    I hope you have a nice evening xx

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!