Wednesday, September 5, 2012

All About Me...


So classes have begun and copious amounts of great literature are being digested and discussed. The first days of classes are always filled with excited anticipation as each syllabus is distributed, goals are set, introductions are made, and work begins. Truth be known, I have come to the point in my academic career when more often than not an assignment is given before the class even begins. And that's okay...well, usually...until I received this assignment from two different professors today...

I don't know if these seemingly nice guys realize what they have asked for. Also, I will not be held responsible for the aftermath after they get into my head. You see, each asked me to write a two-page autobiography. With a picture. Really? Do they realize how non-photogenic I am? Do they really think all this mess insight can be contained to two pages? As if! And you thought Mrs. Dalloway had a whacked-out stream-of-consciousness...

This is actually harder than it sounds. And me being the ever-resourceful woman, I figured I would write one bio and share it with both professors. Until I turned to page three in the syllabus and read, "You cannot submit the same work for two different classes." Curses! So much for my self-proclaimed genius...

But wait! This may actually be a good thing. When the award for the Pulitzer comes and some half-baked-stalker-pretending-to-be-a-fan offers to write my biography, I will already have a head start and can head them off at the pass. Thanks, but not thanks...my biography has been done. Twice. 

2 comments:

  1. Sara Louise has left a new comment on your post "All About Me...":

    Write them in a Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde style so one will be very positive and list all of your good points and do the opposite with the other. It would be interesting to see if the professors treated you completely differently based on what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara - You are a GENIUS! Keep 'em guessin'...

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!