Monday, December 19, 2011

Forever And Ever...


Today was a great day. And not just a "Boy I am really glad I got to do that..." kinda day. I mean, a day that assures me all is right with the world.

I make no secret of my faith and its importance in my life. Many a day I wish the whole world could just do unto others as one would have done to themselves. But there is the whole "politically correct" faction who claims I cannot "push" my faith onto them as it infringes upon their rights to not have faith. Really? 

It seems to me we have become so concerned with not offending everyone else that everyone else could care less they are offending me. You have seen the posts of folks who want to remove "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance. Or how about those who want "In God We Trust" removed from our currency? Supposedly, these statements offend them. Our children are not supposed to pray in school and we need to be sure we do not cross the line between Church and State, regardless of the fact the Church supports many of the hospitals, social services, and charitable organizations our societies depend on, but I digress...

Today I had the privilege of attending my daughter's high school concert at our state's Capital. The band and the chorus convened at the public center of the Capital where they performed many holiday classics. It was an amazing program in its own right. But at the very end, this amazing chorus of public high school students stood and belted out an amazing performance of Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus." It took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes witnessing these teenagers sing with such passion "for Lord God Omnipotent reigneth" in the heart of the New York State Capital. There are no words...

So that you may share in a small glimpse of this day, here is the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing "Hallelujah" to a beautiful video:


For the King of Kings and Lord of Lords...it was nice to witness the glory publicly and proudly being given to whom it belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams...I love reading every one of them!